About

I could have written a good book about the nine years to date that I have battled Mesothelioma, but I thought maybe a good fiction novel would be a way to bring in funds for a much needed cause. We need funds to find a cure for this cancer that leaves no one standing.

Each of The Dreamweaver's Choice is donated to the Charity of MFMRF, I have taken nothing, paid for all printing and artwork costs myself. I do hope that in time many books will be sold and if possible the charity will keep receiving funds from the sales long after I have gone.

I just need you the public to get behind this book and buy it for young family members. Yes it has vampires, not many nasty ones but enough to give the book a story of good vs bad. There's a Newfoundland Dog, a paranormal police woman, a ghost and a couple of really good looking guys. What is there not to like?

It isn't a horror with lots of killing but a good story where good outwits evil, a good read along the way with some interesting twists.

Please get behind us and support the charity, at the same time you may even enjoy the read.

Sunday 24 November 2013

Ready to go

After months of starting and stopping on editing The Vial of Darkness I have finally sent the formatted version to some printers.
 
I never looked around the first time, using a printer that was recommended to me and now I truly regret that as it seems they are or were one of the most expensive and gave little help in the area of formatting or telling you what to do or the errors of your setting out.
 
Now I have a better idea, 2nd time you do learn, if not then you aren't in the right field!  So I have painstakingly gone through the book, ensuring that blank pages are at the front, the Chapters start at the same point and the text looks good.  Honest, when I first printed The DreamWeaver's Choice I thought printers did all this, so naive am I!
 
So I have found a one that is coming in less than the last, the book won't make that much per copy but it is something.  I would have been better just writing a cheque to MKMRF for £2,500 instead of having the book printed but then there is always the hope that some publisher will read it and go wow this could make a good book with the right promotion and the charity could make a lot of money.  Plus the book could still be on sale long after I have died and the money still paying into the charity.  You just never know.
 
My good friend and fellow Mesothelioma sufferer Mavis Nye, also writer of a few good books herself, has again had a go at me to write my own journey through this cancer. 
 
Find Mavis Nye's book here Meso Warrior
 
I wonder if people with Meso would really want to read about it and how do you start.  It isn't easy going back 9 + years, although I remember many events as if they happened yesterday.  The thing is fiction is much easier as you aren't having to face your own demise.

So the news is that hopefully the new book will be published just in time for Christmas and I hope that those who bought the first novel will actually buy the second.  My hubby, who hates fiction by the way, thinks this book is 300 times better than the first, the story grips you and you can't put it down.  I have sent it out to 4 other readers, none that I personally know, and each has come back raving about it.  One complained was one got no work done because she had to finish it once she got into chapter ten.  Oh dear, I hope she served her clients in the shop!  Another in California can't wait for a book three!

I am only ordering 100 copies, I know that I have sales for the majority of these so if you are wanting the next copy please as soon as I have it up for sale please go for it.  I have no idea of the breakdown after the first 100 copies are printed and would not like to charge more than I need to as I want to ensure money does go to both MKMRF and Mesothelioma UK this time.

Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment